- •Clean up any spills immediately.
- •For regular cleaning simply use water and lightly polish with a cloth. Always remove excess water.
- •To inhibit the build-up of general grime and make cleaning easier use our Rejuvenata™ Spray, a pH neutral cleaner specially designed for natural and composite surfaces. It's food safe, provides a mild, natural citrus scent and contains a tiny amount of invisible sealer to increase protection.
- •For spot cleaning (cleaning of a particular area) use Oxy-Klenza™ or diluted acid free bleach (e.g. 5% sodium hypochlorite in water or similar). Always test the cleaning chemical on a small inconspicuous area of the surface before full use as it may lighten or darken some surfaces.
- •When scrubbing use a non-scratch sponge or sparkle scourer. Do not use anything abrasive.
- •To avoid scratching, do not place anything on the surface that is harder than the surface itself.
- •Do not use acid based cleaners as these may etch the surface, remove the polish or damage the resin in composite quartz.
- •Do not leave water trapped between any object and the surface (marble and quartzite particularly) as the water will slowly evaporate and may stain or etch the surface.
- •If spills are not cleaned up quickly enough and deep stains are allowed to form they can be removed using Oxy-Klenza™ to form a special sort of poultice. View a video demonstration. For composite quartz, use Cif Actifizz spray and leave for 2 minutes before gently scrubbing with a white scourer and washing with clean water. Repeat if necessary.
SEALING RECOMMENDED We always recommend sealing your surface, excluding composite quartz, to allow for plenty of time to clean up liquids before they absorb into the pores. Pores, natural or those formed during the polishing process, can over time fill with particles of dirt. Sometimes that dirt, in particular tannins in tea or curry, can stick to the pores. When protected with STAIN-PROOF™ Plus, liquids are automatically repelled instead of being drawn into the material, making cleaning and maintenance easier. We offer a STAIN-PROOF™ Protection Warranty service for all granites (post installation). Alternatively you can purchase the sealant directly from us (Warranty not included).
QUICK SEAL TESTTo check if your surface is adequately sealed you can carry out the following water test. Place a tablespoon of water on the treated surface for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, soak up the water with a tissue, pressing hard to pick up any liquid within the texture of the surface. If a dark mark remains it means the water has been absorbed into the surface and so more sealer should be applied.